It seems to me that we Christians in the churches in the western world are more concerned with what God can and will do for ME because He loves ME rather than what we are to be doing for Him. We want His blessings through His abundant grace, but we do not seem to want to give anything back in return. We want to be blessed, but it seems we do not want to obey His will or be about doing His works. These are not meant to say we “earn” our blessing. there is nothing we can do to be good enough to earn His blessings. They come to us because He does love us and it is by His grace that we receive them, but we are to be “CO-LABORERS WITH HIM” with a mission.
We have His commission to go into all the world (kingdom of darkness) and make disciples for Him.
The Church has been compared to salt, light, leaven, and seed. The common characteristic with all of these is that they are “PENETRATORS”. Salt penetrates and holds back corruption, light penetrates and drives back the darkness, leaven penetrates dough and causes its chemistry to change, and seed penetrates the soil and puts down roots that are able to support a huge stable plant that produces fruit. We are called to penetrate our culture and change it by holding back the corruption and filling it with the light of God’s righteousness.
I am convinced that the Church in our culture has not been effective because we have not heard the truth that we are to “repent and believe for the kingdom of God is at hand” and what it really means when we say that “Jesus Christ is Lord” over all. We have not been adequately confronted with the truth of the kingdoms that are in conflict and our roles in it. We don’t understand the real difference between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of darkness. We do not really believe and act like we are “new creations in Christ” because of the new covenant. These comments are accurate because I see them demonstrated throughout our culture and the church world. Here are some examples:
- Our disunity
- Our greed
- Our pride
- Our love of material possessions
- Our love of pleasure
- Our unwillingness to sacrifice
- Our praylessness ( except for ourselves and our blessings)
- Our simply not wanting to rock Satan’s boat
- We demonstrate no real zeal for the power of God in our lives
IT is a tragedy, but very true.
MORE EXAMPLES OF AN INEFFECTIVE CHURCH:
- As millions of unborn babies are slaughtered through abortion – almost 50,000,000 since 1973
- As homosexuality and perversion are being thrust upon our country
- As addictions are soaring to unprecedented magnitudes
- As women are become more and more militant
- As our culture is being stripped of all reminders of our Christian heritage
- As our children’s minds are being polluted and programed by godless humanistic philosophies in our government controlled public schools
- As godless Marxist and socialist government are being thrust upon us
- As the Bible’s infallibility is challenged in many mainline denominations
- As homosexuals are being ordained to lead mainline churches
- As Eastern religions thrive in our culture
- As Satanism and witchcraft are exploding by tremendous numbers
- As our government leaders are becoming more and more unrighteous in their manner of governing
- And as we are losing our children to the ways of the kingdom of darkness rather than leading them to Jesus
WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE OF GOD THAT CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS WHO ARE TO BE THE “SALT” THAT HOLDS BACK CORRUPTION, AND THE “LIGHT” THAT PENETRATES THE DARKNESS OF UNGODLY ACTIVITIES TO EXPOSE THEM?
WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE OF GOD THAT ARE ACTIVELY TEARING DOWN THE STRONGHOLDS OF UNGODLY CORRUPTION?
WHERE ARE THEY?????